Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I've been behind, sorry! Exciting Updates

12/9: Heard back from the Pediatricians office and the doctor we want, is taking new patients! All we have to do when we go to the hospital is put him down as our doctor and that's that! Thankfully they do take our insurance =)

12/10: Today is my mom's birthday...David got carnitas from his assistant at work which my mom loves so she was really surprised and excited! Around one more month and Khloe will be here!

12/11: Ultrasound appointment...She weighs about 4lbs 10oz and the technician thinks that her due date is closer to January 29th give or take 17 days! So if I take 17 days, we are back to her original due date of the 12th...She was moving around a lot and playing with her right hand then she reached for her right foot and started playing with it :) The technician told me that she looks like me, has a round face and is pretty! She also mentioned that you're really low and your head is on my pubic bone. Later that afternoon, David and I went to Home Depot to buy blinds for her room and her Newborn Avent bottle set got delivered.

12/12: Javier at work gave me a $40 Visa gift card. It was supposed to be my last day at work but I extended it an additional week.

12/13: We had our Baby Express class at the hospital. We learned a lot! We were the best swaddlers in the group, but especially David =) He surprised me! Then my parents went with David and I to Elizabeth's house for her annual Christmas party and we had a lot of fun! Auntie Kristie got her an outfit and Auntie Elizabeth got her a cross and her first Winnie the Pooh book! We played the white elephant game and I had asked Khloe to bring us good luck and what did David get? An elephant with the trunk facing up (those represent good luck!) I hope that Khloe continues to listen as she gets older LOL. That night, I also had a dream about Khloe =) Can't wait to meet her!

12/14: Everyone has been telling me to make sure to spend time with David before Khloe is born so we decided to go watch Twilight and have dinner at Claim Jumpers. It was nice spending that time together...Next time we go out, we'll have a baby! I looked through Khloe's clothes again and Stefany surprised me with another cute outfit...A little shirt and a Hello Kitty jean dress from H&M.

12/15: I'm officially 9 months today! David started painting her room. David called Costco to check on the delivery time for the furniture and they told him it's 6-8 weeks and not 4-6 weeks! That's not what the website said so I'm for sure going to get some $ back!

12/16: David and I continued to watch the Lamaze video. We bought her car seat, Dreft detergent and sheets for her bassinet. I also had a doctor appointment and her heart beat 147bpm...She's little so another ultrasound is scheduled for next week. I'm effaced at 50% and dilated at 2cm. She told me to continue to take fish oil pills and prenative vitamins since I will be breast feeding. She told me that you can either be early or wait until your due date...really?!?! lol She told me that epidurals aren't bad and I'm brave if I'm going to try to do this without medication...She said she was able to feel your head and you're dropping!
Last day of work the 19th...Next doctor appointment on the 30th if she's not born yet!

12/17: Filled out maternity paperwork at work...bought a nursery bra and finished Lamaze video.

12/18: I shed a few tears while taking a shower and rubbing my belly cause I'm going to miss her being in there...at least I'll be able to hold her :) I finished writing thank you cards for people at work. David installed the car seat and we got a phone call that the furniture is getting delivered on Monday.

12/19: Got caught off guard when I saw her car seat in the car this morning. This is real...she's almost here! Denise gave me a photo album and Brian's wife made her a pink beanie (which she'll use to come home in) and some booties. David got me the What to Expect First Year book. I'm on maternity leave until June 2009!!!!!!!!!

12/20: David finished painting her room and installed the blinds...I helped him for a bit! Did a lot of cleaning.

12/21: My brother in law and his family came over and we watched a movie and played Wii. Jeanette and Precious felt the baby hiccup. My mother in law also came over and made us some yummy oatmeal.

12/22: Her furniture got delivered! We are missing the changing table so I will definitely ask for even more $ back! My dad came over to help me and he loaded all of my bags to his car and helped the guy with the furniture...If my dad hadn't have been there, I don't know how that little man that delivered the furniture would have been able to drop it off! So...I'm getting even more $$ now lol.

No comments: