Thursday, May 7, 2009

4 Month Check Up/Cereal for the First Time

Today I had my 4 month check up and Doctor Warren is really happy with my progress. I now weigh 13.14lbs and measure 23.5 inches! I gained over 4 pounds since my last visit! He did the light test and I followed the light to all directions. My Mommy had a million questions for him and he is really patient and truly cares about his patients so he answered every single question and we never felt rushed! I will start yoghurt at about 7 months and he said it is ok to give me chamomile tea twice a day 1-2oz. He said that a lot of Hispanic families do this and he doesn't reccommend it but that it won't do me any harm...with that said, I will be enjoying some chamomile tea daily :) He did tell Mommy he doesn't reccommend Baby Orajel and that if I'm teething a lot, he prefers Tylenol because it will last longer that the Baby Orajel. He said it is time to start giving me cereal, once in the morning and once in the evening and that in about a week and a half, to start veggies and once I have tried the veggies, to try fruits. He is very happy that Mommy is making me homemade food and is still breast feeding me. He understands that I will get formula next month since Mommy is going back to work and gave us 2 free samples of formula!



With Mommy

Playing with Daddy

We went to Mimi's so Mommy and Daddy could have breakfast

We are going to get my high chair tomorrow...Here is the spoon!! I wonder what I need to do with it?!? They are giving me Beech-Nut Cereal with breastmilk...



I had enough with a few baby spoons. Dr. Warren told Mommy not to push it and to keep trying little by little and if I still not want it in a few days, to wait a week and try again!

No comments: