Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Our Khloe has come home!!!
After 14 days in the NICU, Khloe was finally discharged and came home around 7pm last night! It took a little over an hour to get out of the hospital and at that point, I was running out of patience! As soon as they told me she was coming home, I felt so relieved and started to cry! THANK YOU to everyone for your prayers, good vibes, best wishes, etc...My original due date was January 12th so I would have been discharged from the hospital yesterday on the 13th! She just needed the 2 additional weeks she would have been in my belly to grow...In Mexico, Tuesday the 13th is considered good or bad luck just as Friday the 13th is here. It was definitely good luck for us!!! Khloe is a rat in the Chinese Zodiac and it represents "lucky", it really fits her!! It was great seeing her in her crib for the first time and having her wear her clothes :) Doctor's orders she is to eat around 3oz every 2-4 hours on demand...She must have been very comfortable last night because for every feeding, she only wanted to take 2oz. I am calling her Pediatrician this morning to make her appointment (she needs to see him within a week), he is expecting to see her since the doctor in the NICU has been keeping him updated with her progress. She came home with just regular orders, "just take care of her, you guys are good parents and here is her vitamin prescription!". We were stocked!!! I am typing this as both of my parents are in total awe and she is wide awake after having eaten 3oz...Well, have to get ready for the next feeding lol, do laundry and start to prepare her FIRST bath. So many FIRSTS to look forward to and I can finally enjoy being a mom :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah! I am SO happy to hear that your baby girl is home! I drove past your house this morning and was thinking I needed to email.
Take care of your beatiful baby girl!
Post a Comment