Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby Shower

Baby shower day! We were all running around like crazy that day. My dad woke up at 6am then woke up David to get the tables and chairs and then I got up and helped downstairs a bit. My sister and her friend were still buying things at 11am when we were expecting people at 1pm so I was starting to get stressed. Thankfully my friend Kristie and Elizabeth came to help a bit before the actual start time! I saw a lot of people I hadn’t seen in a long time, some in even years! Some of my friends from 6th grade were able to make it =) We got a lot of beautiful gifts and played some fun games…We actually had more games planned that we didn’t play because we were so last minute with some of the details and some of the people were starting to leave. My dad had the 4D ultrasound playing on a flat screen TV outside and we had a little bear that everyone was signing for Khloe. We had A LOT of people there and people were showing up later in the evening. The last people who left, left at about 9pm! Then…….at around 10pm, my parents, David and I were looking through the gifts again (though we were exhausted) when we heard a loud BAM! My mom looked outside and saw a white truck going over the side walk and the guy driving was wearing a black cape and a hat, we immediately thought he was from the Halloween party across the street. In my head I thought, “that better not had been my car” and then 3 minutes later, a person from the party rang the doorbell to tell us that a jeep had been hit…Our luck, that was my car! I tried not to get upset since I know it’s not good for Khloe so I stayed behind. My parents went looking for the truck and then came back to take pictures of my car when they saw a white truck! My parents went to go look at it and the truck’s back bumper had been hit and had my color paint and the truck was warm. Bingo! We found the truck…My parents then went to the Halloween party and talked to the neighbor and he told them they were more than welcome to go inside to see if we could find the guy. My mom told him that she didn’t want to disturb the party but to take the camera and bring the driver whose plates matched those of the picture. Sure enough, the guy with the cape came outside and said that he did hit my car but that he was a responsible person and would take care of it…..RIGHT! He is not responsible…here he was drinking and driving and then he fled the scene! So he reeked of alcohol and my mom asked for his drivers license and he pulled out an ID and my mom tells him that’s probably why you’re hitting cars since you shouldn’t be driving! L0L my mom is great! She went inside to get a pen while my dad stayed with him and as my mom was going back outside, my dad came inside to tell my mom the guy left and he didn’t want to get in a fight with him to stop him. So as him and his (nun) girlfriend are running back to the truck, my mom is yelling at him that we’re calling the cops…In the meantime, David was on the phone trying to call the cops and the insurance. We got everything taken care of and finally went to sleep around 1am.

10/26/08: We were about to have breakfast when the doorbell rang and sure enough, it was the guy who hit us (kind of scary to know that he knows where we live now). He said he came back because as he had mentioned the night before, he is a responsible person and wanted to give us his insurance and DL information. We took it all down and he was shaking because he was nervous! He then asked if we had called the cops and filed a report and David told him we had. The guy got even more nervous but he told him we called because he fled again instead of just giving us his information right there and then. Shortly after he left, his insurance called us (I think he wants to move forward ASAP because he wants us to drop the charges) and hopefully things get settled this week. I am not dropping the charges. Luckily, he hit my parked park with no passengers. It upset me even more because at the shower, one of my friends told me she had gotten hit by a drunk driver and had a scar on her forehead because of it! The scary thing was that he got back in the car when he fled and drove again! His insurance better take care of a rental car for us which is comparable to mine because I don’t want to drive a little care and feel unsafe…I’m 29 weeks pregnant today and I need a safe car!

No comments: