Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reflux?

Ok! I haven't posted in a few days...Since my milk supply isn't all that great (event after some herbal supplements, drinking lots of liquids, eating oatmeal, etc.) David and I went to buy some formula for Khloe (the one that she was having in the NICU). We were only giving her the amount that I was short on the breast milk and to our surprise, she started to spit up after every time that we would supplement some formula. I called her pedi who at the time asked if she was spitting up the breast milk as well, which she wasn't so he recommended Gentle Ease. David and I went to Target to buy it along with some onesies and little pants for her but then my mom thought it would be a good idea to just give her breast milk for a whole day to see if she would spit up...sure enough, she did a few times. We haven't started the new formula because I don't want to open it and then have her pedi change it again! Luckily, I still have a few ounces of milk in the freezer. I called her pedi again today and he wants to see her because now it appears as though it may be reflux! Her appointment is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Poor baby is very gassy as well :o( I also have a doctor's appointment tomorrow because my abdomen (left side) has been hurting for the past few days. I really hope it's nothing serious. I will update tomorrow...

No comments: